Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ipsy's July "Beach Beauty" Glam Bag Review @ipsy #glambag

Ipsy's July "Beach Beauty" Glam Bag Review

Hey everyone!

I received my glam bag in the mail the other day and I have to say that (and I hate saying this but) I was a little disappointed in this months bag. There were other products that I wish I would have gotten in place of some of these but then again I do like getting things that I wouldn't normally buy for myself. That is just one of the reasons why I love Ipsy so much.

For those of you just stopping in and don't know what I am talking about. Glam Bag is a monthly service by Ipsy where you get a make-up bag full of full sized samples to full sized products from the make-up and beauty world. The best part ... it's only $10 dollars per month and that includes shipping.



What did I get in this month's bag?

Products

California Collection Eyeshadow Sample
BH Cosmetics

This BH Cosmetics makeup palette includes a shade from each of the California Collection palettes: Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu.

The San Francisco palette was inspired by the classic California city and style of San Francisco! This new magnetic paper palette brings together a beautiful mix of coppery golds and skyline blues reminiscent of the bridges and bay breeze. With 16 eyeshadows and 4 blushes, the San Francisco palette will transform you into a sophisticated bay-area girl, every time.

The Hollywood palette has you covered with red-carpet reds to limelight greens that are sure to take your look from ordinary to extraordinary! This makeup palette includes 16 eyeshadows and 4 blushes and comes in a compact magnetic paper palette.

Be a beach babe year-round with the Malibu makeup palette. Get that sun-kissed glow with 16 warm and cool-toned eyeshadows and 4 blushes, inspired by the hot summers on the Malibu coast. Select from deep blue and aqua to sandy browns and sunset oranges.

The full size magnetic palettes come with a foldable mirror, making it perfect for when you are on the go!

What I thought...
I was really excited to get this little pallet and I loved the colors that were included. They are super pigmented and have little fallout. I love layering these colors with other ones and they look perfect. I would totally buy other stuff from this company.

Pouty Pop Crayon: Coral Crush
POP Beauty

POP's Pouty Pop Crayon nourishes, treats, and adds that perfectly-plumped pop to lips. These extra-nourishing balms gently bounce onto lips creating a plumped & pillowy pout leaving them with luscious, long-lasting colour with a super-smooth texture. Available in six shades.

What I thought...
I love POP cosmetics but I was not impressed with this coral color. I don't really wear this color but then again I have only tried it once. I am thinking about trying it again so maybe I will have better results. I love the idea of this Crayon though.

Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray
Sexy Hair

A high-performance humidity resistant spray that combats frizz by providing a protective barrier against moisture. Weather Proof promises to leave your hairstyles intact, removing any chance of humidity attacking mis-haps.

What I thought...
I don't use hairspray but for the sake of getting it I did try it out and I have to say that it had great hold and lasted for most of the day. I live in Alabama and the humidity is horrible and this hair spray would be awesome during the wedding season for all of those up do's.

Microdermabrasion Scrub
Derma E

Improve the appearance of your skin with this gentle yet effective Microdermabrasion Scrub, only from derma e®. This formula buffs away dull surface cells, diminshes the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars, and absorbs excess skin oils with an exclusive crystal blend including Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand (rich in Silica). Enriched with natural astringents Lime and Lemon Peel plus antioxidants Grapeseed and Vitamin E, this pro-grade treatment retexturizes skin, leaving it soft, smooth and younger-looking.

All derma e® products are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, glycol-free, lanolin-free, gluten free, GMO-free.

Apply onto wet or dry skin and scrub desired areas in an upward motion. Massage gently but firmly for approximately 3 minutes and rinse. For sensitive skin, less pressure is recommended. Use once or twice weekly.

What I thought...
I wasn't excited when I saw that I was getting this because I am not into facial products like this but I have to say that I was presently surprised with this product. I love the way my skin felt after I used this because it made it soft and glowing. While I wouldn't run out and buy more of this I was glad to get the chance to try it.

Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer
Coola

Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen; a clear, Titanium Dioxide based formula (for those who are Zinc sensitive) made with 98% natural ingredients. Organic Acai Oil - high in Omegas-3/6/9, Vitamins B1/2/3, plus antioxidant Vitamins C and E - delivers a powerful defense against aging. Organic Sunflower Seed Extract promotes elasticity while organic Linseed Oil, containing Alpha-Linolenic Acids, reduces redness and irritation. The phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates, as organic Cucumber Extract calms skin.

This sunscreen is hypoallergenic, paraben-free, ultra sheer, anti-aging, and water resistant for 40 minutes.

What I thought...
I wasn't happy about seeing I was getting this either but I gotta say this works awesome. I am a natural redhead with the freckles and everything and I burn. I don't tan or anything no matter how long I stay out or how often, I just burn. I started using this under my makeup and I have to say that it really works and doesn't feel all greasy. It has even made my skin feel smoother. I will be buying more of this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment