Friday, November 15, 2013

Love with Food's October Tasting Box Review @lovewithfood #lovewithfood

Hey everyone!

I have been getting Love with Food since around the beginning of the year but honestly it doesn't make it long enough to really take pictures and review it here in my house. lol Once that box comes it is opened and devoured like a pack of wolves into a fresh kill. lol It's my most popular monthly box because of all the wonderful treats that you get every month.

Well, I managed to hide this one and get pictures and really sit down and taste everything so I could give it a good review.

Here is what came in this months box.



Here is what it looks like when I get it.


Love the packaging!

The card that tells everything about the snacks.

At first glance!

Products

Toasted Coconut Chips

Dang Coconut Chips are from the nutrient-packed copra, or meat of the coconut, our toasted coconut chips are a delicious snack that provides loads of energy. The meat is sliced out of mature coconuts then gently toasted until golden brown with a dash of sugar and salt. The toasting process brings out the natural sweetness of the coconut meat and turns it from white to golden brown.

What I Thought
Dang! These things are brilliant! They are crunchy, sweet, and just beautiful. It's hard to believe these things are actually good for you when they taste as good as they do. I love eating these right out of the bag but I could see using these in different recipes that would simply take it over the edge. Love this stuff!

Organic Hard Candies: Blood Orange & Honey, D' Anjou Pear & Cinnamon

Torie and Howard bring you a whole new way of looking at candy. Try our fresh-off-the-vine flavors using sophisticated, epicurean recipes made with organic, all-natural ingredients, no additives or preservatives. And with only 12 calories per candy, treating yourself has never been this good for you.

What I Thought
Both had amazing flavor but my goodness the D' Anjou Pear & Cinnamon became my absolute favorite. The flavor is simply delicious. The cinnamon they use is the real deal and not this imitation other people use in products and the pear is sweet and delicious. It was as if I was eating a nice juicy pear. I refuse to eat any other hard candies after having these. These are my new favorite to have on hand when I want a sweet treat.

New World Cavemen Cookies

Who said eating Paleo meant eating bland, tasteless food? Obviously the cavemen never tasted these delicious New World cookies! Pop one in your mouth and see if this won't change your mind.

What I Thought
These were some of the best cookies I have had and the fact they are Paleo just makes it so much better. Actually, when I read what kind they were I was a little worried they wouldn't be very good but my goodness they were so good. They had amazing flavor and I could actually taste what were in them. I couldn't taste anything fake and wonder about what I was eating. I went out and bought more of these. Such a good treat!

Kind Fruit & Nut

KIND bars take special pride in crafting together delicious, addictive, and healthy fruit and nut bars from the highest quality of nuts and fruits that nature can provide. There's nothing artificial about it! With this offer, you can sample a variety of KIND bar flavors and before you dig into each bar don't forget to ask yourself: When was the last time you were KIND to your body?

What I Thought
This was a great little snack. I could taste the coconut, almonds and the other ingredients. It didn't taste like it was full of artificial junk but had a nice clean sweet taste. It also gave me a nice boost of natural energy from the nuts and grains in this bar. It was a nice bar and totally would eat it again.

All Natural Glee Gum

Ever had all natural chicle before? Neither have we till we sunk our teeth into Glee Gum. It is am all natural chewing gum made with sustainably harvested rainforest chicle. It's unique gum base contains super chewy chicle, a tree sap harvested sustainably from sapodilla trees in the rainforests of Central America. Glee Gum is the #1 healthy alternative to synthetic chewing gum and bubble gum!

What I Thought
Love the package but didn't care for the gum. It started out with a nice flavor but then after a few seconds it started tasting like rubber and just wasn't good after that. I wouldn't buy this for myself that's for sure. I will stick to my other gum.

Happy Squeeze Organic Fruit & Veggie Twist

If you ask us, not enough healthy, all natural, and not to mention delicious food come out of a bright little tetra pack! Best of all, it's bright blue! The Happy Squeeze Veggie Blueberry Twist will have you scratching your head wondering how they packed all those vegetables and fruits in there!?

What I Thought
I wanted to like this but I really didn't like the flavor. I am not big on blueberry and it was like a tart sour and I didn't care for that. I know I would like other flavors because I have had similar products before and I do like those but I wouldn't buy this flavor.

Pixo Pearls in Apple Cider Vinegar

PIXO Pearls Original are pearls of Gingras XO Apple Cider Vinegar, encapsulated in an alginate (seaweed) film. Created using molecular gastronomy, they give your food a new dimension of flavour as you bite into the pearls and experience a taste explosion.

They allow you to create gourmet, eye-catching restaurant quality dishes at home, and add a light tangy flavour. We suggest sprinkling them on a salad, using them to spruce up a canapé or even to add a bite to cocktails. Each box contains 4 sachets of 0.35oz of pearls. They are shelf stable until opening, Kosher, gluten-free and vegan friendly.

What I Thought
I have to admit that I have yet to try these. I am waiting to make a really amazing pork loin and then use these as a garnish. I have a feeling they are going to be amazing though.

100 Calorie Chocolate Pizzelle Crisps
Silk City Snacks

What did the Pizelle waffle say when you popped them in your mouth? CRUNCH, CRUNCH! Be careful when eating these addicting snacks in public, and definitely avoid the library. Each bite-sized waffle is bursting with lightly sweetened chocolate flavor. Don't say we didn't warn you!

What I Thought
I wanted to like these so much but honestly these were the worst thing that came in Octobers box. I ate one and couldn't even finish eating it. At first the taste was pretty good. It was light, crisp, and so crunchy but then there was this burnt after taste that honestly made me sick. I hated these! Would not eat them again!



Love With Food - Snack Healthy for a Great Cause


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment