Tuesday, October 15, 2013

{Yummies} Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake

Hey everyone!

How ya'll doing? Well, I am happy, happy, happy for it to finally be fall. All of the leaves are changing and the fall spices are coming out to say hello. I couldn't be more happy. Except for maybe when I made this recipe I am going to share with all of you.

Now, I found this recipe a while back and honestly I can't for the life of me remember where I found it, probably on Pinterest as I am a Pinterest addict, but I saw it and I knew I had to make it.

Anyone who knows me knows how much Starbucks and I are bffs and how much I love all of their stuff. However, I am doing all I can to try and cut back on my sweets because I am trying to lose weight. So, that is why I am loving this version of Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake so much better than the original.

So enough gabbing and on with the cooking.


Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake

Ingredients

1 1/2 c. All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1 1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Fat Free VanillaYogurt
3 Egg Whites
1 c. Canned Pumpkin

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease a loaf pan, set aside.
  • Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, and nutmeg, into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, yogurt, and egg whites. Whisk thoroughly until blended. Stir in the pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until completely incorporated.
  • Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  • Let cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 serving.
  • Add a powdered sugar glaze or cream cheese frosting if desired :)

Now, I did tweak mine when I made it because I wanted a little more spice so instead of using each of the spices I used pumpkin pie spice and then added a bit more Cinnamon. I also used 3 whole eggs instead of just the whites because in my house we use the whole eggs and not just one or the other because usually it would be wasted and I hate wasting stuff. Other than that I followed the directions and I have to say this beat out the original by miles. It was so light and fluffy. It was pure heaven. Oh, and I did cheat a bit. :D I made up a simple sugar glaze of powdered sugar and milk but added a bit of pumpkin pie spice and a dash of Cinnamon to it. Seriously though, the cake doesn't need it but the glaze just pushed the cake right over the edge of goodness.

This cake is also just glorious the next day and keeps extremely well even a few days after that wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. It didn't become hard but kept its moist fluffy texture.

So, there you have it. A slightly better for you Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake.

I want to see pictures! If you guys make this or have made it let me know in the comments below and if you have pictures let me see those too.

Have fun and get cooking!!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment