Thursday, August 1, 2019

{Meal Delivery Kit Review} What I Thought of Every Plate. #everyplate #mealdeliverykit #fresh #costfriendly


Hey everyone!

I've used a number of meal delivery kit services and so far there has been only one that has just blown me away. But that wasn't Every Plate and I will talk about that one in another post.


Now, Every Plate isn't horrible by any means. The food delivered was fresh, easy to prepare, and didn't take forever to cook the dishes. But there were some things that I didn't really care for and things that other meal delivery kits spoiled me on. Such as having everything put together in its own bag so that when I am ready to make the dish all I have to do is pull the bag from the fridge, pick my protein and bam I am ready to start prepping and cooking.

With Every Plate, the produce itself is put into a box and all of the other ingredients are put into one big resealable bag so that when you want to cook something you have to go searching through the produce and the bag to get everything. No, this isn't that big of a deal but once you get used to having everything already done for you, it's hard to go to something else.


What bugged me the most though with Every Plate is that the recipe cards were only half-sheet cards and not full cards like every other meal delivery kit service. I guess not doing all the other stuff is what helps keep cost low, but honestly, you can't skimp on the recipe cards. I love keeping them in a binder so that I can go back and cook the best recipes. However, having such a small card, well for lack of a better word, sucks. Also, for someone with crappy eyesight, also doesn't help. The bigger cards allow me to see everything much more clearly and fit nicely in my binder too.

Now, when it comes to the actual meals. Well, you don't get the variety you do with other delivery services. Pretty much you get around 8 different choices with Every Plate where you get around 12 to 16 with other services. That might not seem like that many more choices but it really is when you think about the different kinds of meals such as vegetarian, vegan, keto, seafood, chicken, and so forth. Overall though, the choices you do get are pretty good and I wasn't disappointed in the recipes I did choose.




The first recipe that I ended up trying is the Soy-Glazed Meatloaves. This also turned out to be my favorite recipe of the three that I got from Every Plate. It was easy to make and delish to eat. I will be making this more often, for sure. I didn't follow the recipe completely though, and I love that you can leave out some ingredients, because I hate wasabi, so that did not go into my beautiful garlic mashed potatoes.

The next recipe that I ended up cooking was the Tangy Apricot Pork Chops and I gotta tell you that the apricot sauce was divine and I will totally be using that sauce again. However, I will do what I can to make it sugar-free, as I try to do low carb and sugar-free. The couscous was a perfect side for that beautiful pork chops and sauce. Very happy with this recipe and will be cooking it again.



I'm sad to say that this was the one recipe that I ended up not making like the recipe called for. When it was time to make this, we just didn't want burgers so instead, we ended up making another meatloaf and mashed potato dinner. It still turned out quite good and I have the recipe card so that I can make this another time whenever I want.

Last Thoughts

Overall, Every Plate was a great meal kit service and does have great recipes for on the go people and families. However, with all of the other home delivery services available, there are better ones that give more options for recipes, diets, and other things people look for when planning their meals. Yes, Every Plate is on the cheaper side of the meal delivery kits but it just doesn't offer everything other meal delivery kits offer, that I personally like and enjoy.

Will I be getting Every Plate again?

No, there are other meal delivery kits that I like much better. However, you don't have to take my word for anything. Feel free to try Every Plate for yourself and have fresh, delicious recipes delivered to your house as often as you would like.







Stay up to date with what is going on here on Twisted Pixie Reviews.
Follow me now.

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment